Welcome to my blog where I share what is on my mind at the moment! Hope you enjoy reading!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy Belated Christmas and Happy New Years!

Heya everyone, I have been very busy with my life, of course, you probably already know that... I don't know if I want to continue this blog any further mainly because I'm beginning to find it hard to blog anything interesting about Wizard101.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game but we are all humans aren't we? We get bored easily. Wizard101 had been out for almost two years now. And I'm also growing up... I understand there are adults and even older teens than me that play this game but unfortunately, outside life is really calling me.

I need to focus on school. I will occasionally visit this blog but I think I will pursue my interests, which is literature stuff! I am interested in writing and reading a lot [manga included] so that is probably what my new blog will be about.

Thank you for reading and let 2011 be a great year!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

First of December :D

Hello everyone! I have been extremely busy lately. Trying to take good care of my grades right now. Here's something that I would like to present to you guys and it's the first day of December! Exciting!

I will try my best to post something interesting everyday from today onward till December 25th [:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/blog.php?b=3967

What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?

Answer: Frostbite

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/blog.php?b=3657

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

One of the best Gift cards there is!

Just bringing attention of this card to members who have not seen it yet.



GameStop $39 Prepaid Card here have been shipped to GameStop stores across the USA & should appear on shelves around November 1st!


a 1 Month Subscription at $9.95 or 5000 Crowns - Normal XD
Fantasy Palace Castle - built in arena!
Additional Castle Space Elixir* - Four houses on a character now? o:
Minigame Kiosk Housing Item - first interactive housing item!
Gryphon Mount - Wow, a pet almost as awesome as a shark!
Ancient Spear of Power - 110 damage of each school!
Epic Clothing Set - Looks like pvp gear and gives good resist!
Mystery Dueling Pet - Awesome talents! Sooo jealous!
*If you already have three houses on your character, you must claim this elixir before you claim the Castle!



This is probably one of the best gift cards KI will ever release. I had personally experienced and explored the Fantasy Palace Castle so I know how big and great it is. I remember hearing someone saying that the castle hold as much as a school house though. That person may be wrong but who know, I hope not because there is so much space! Plus, who wouldn't want a house with a built-in arena?!!



In my humble opinion, I think all of this stuff is worth more than $39 dollars though. Not saying that KI should raise the price or anything. Anyway, Let's do some comparing shall we?
a 1 Month Subscription at $9.95 or 5000 Crowns - $10 value
Fantasy Palace Castle - school house = 10,000 crowns - $20 value
Additional Castle Space Elixir* - cost unknown
Minigame Kiosk Housing Item - cost unkown
Gryphon Mount - tiger mount = 15,000 crowns - $30 value
Ancient Spear of Power - Celestian Trident = 5000 crowns - $10 value
Epic Clothing Set - Valkyrie Set = 10,000 crowns - $20 value
Mystery Dueling Pet - Pale Maiden = 6890 crowns - $7 value*
*estimated



Base on this, the giftcard actually has an estimated value of at least approximately $100! It is definitely a VERY good start out gift card for any wizard because there are so many good items! I am considering buying this giftcard at the moment but don't know if my parents are willing to fish out $39 though...


Thanks for reading and Happy playing everyone!

Friday, October 15, 2010

Awesome Contest by A Mythspent Youth!

Hey guys! I was just over at A Mythspent Youth and I found this awesome contest by her!

It's called the 13th hour. Boy, did I enjoy finding all 13 keys and clocks. I recommend this contest to anyone that wants to have some Halloween fun ^^

Link is below:
http://mythspent.blogspot.com/2010/10/contest-13th-hour.html

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Evaluation on the new 58 spells

I'm pretty sure most of you are excited for the new spells as much as I am.
However, that doesn't mean I am happy with all of the new spells. With that being said, I will share my opinions on the spells, and what I think KI should change.


Storm:

Changes: None

This is a one attack spell. At first, I thought it was an AoE. I was going "OMG" all over the place because imagine that spell as an AoE... *shudders at the thought* Then after I look at it for the second time, I realize it only attacks one enemy. This spell is the highest damage spell in the game as of right now. What makes this a very nice attack for storm students is that it will remove 2 positives. Wouldn't it be nice to see a spell in which your opponent remove 2 of your negatives instead? XD


Fire:

Changes: None

I was a bit upset to see that -90% there because I would think that these kind of minuses should only be for the balance school but then again, everyone can heal so then I just decided not to complain. It's not a bad spell. Does a bit more damage than regular helephant but it also give that -90% so that balances out. I don't know if I will use this spell a lot though but it should be a nice addition when fire students need to duel against balance wizards and their awesome judgement spells. Go stacking!


Ice:

Changes: Change to one attack. Damage would be 760.

The animation is cool. The spell itself is cool. But is the card cool? No. In my opinion, I think this will be a useless spell for ice wizards. They do not need another DoT spell. This is just my opinion however, others might like it but I personally dont. It's a good spell in PvE but it will probably not be that great in PvP. I know I wouldn't use it that much because I would much rather use Frostbite and attack next with collosus...

Edit: After being told that this spell is also an Aoe, I'm rethinking on how good it is. It seems cool at the moment but who know. XD


Death:

Changes: Make it a one hit spell? [reduced damage] or with health returning?

The same also applies to death. Even though Skeletal Dragon is the second highest damage spell in the game, it is not something that I think is efficient to death. As my friend said to me, he would much rather use poison and attack with wraith and get health back rather than a DoT spell that would waste 8 of his pips with no health returning.


Myth:

Changes: one stun only...

That woman looks scary. I am happy about this spell though. It's a one attack spell! The last time that myth has received a one attack spell is a cyclops! And when was the last time that my sister use cyclops? About two years ago! My sister seemed pretty happy about this spell so I don't see the changes for it. However, I am bothered by being stun for 2 rounds. I can imagine already. Myth wizards attack on life. The wizard can't heal in 2 rounds and trust me, two rounds can make a big difference whether or not that life wizard will survive.


Life:

Changes: None

I am so happy about this spell. I was expecting something different but this is like a dream come true. The damage is a bit low for an 8 pips spell. Since Storm lord cost 7 pips but does much more damage but that's storm for you. Then again, I shouldn't complain, this is more than I can actually ask for. I love you KI! Now if only I get a DoT spell then my life will be complete!


Balance:

Changes: None

I have heard some complaints on this spell but I think this spell is wicked. Almost as awesome as Forest Lord! What makes this spell really exciting is that it is a good AoE for balance wizard. Truthfully, I was a bit disappointed with Power Nova when it came out last year. The spell did so little damage! [Okay, I'm exaggerating.. but :P] With this spell, however, I'm pretty sure balance wizards will be able to finish battles faster :D


There you go. That is my opinion on the spells. You will notice that my complaints are mainly on the two DoT spells. They are a bit of a fail. The animation is cool but KI has to consider on the benefits these spells will give.

Thank you for reading.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Battle Lock or World Lock?

Originally posted by Dovey over at CENTRAL

This week's question is: "Should wizards be able to teleport into worlds that they haven't earned access to through the storyline? "

I did a poll on this question a while back but I was only talking about Celestia, not changing anything existing.

The results were 60% wanted to limit Celestia to only those who have earned it and 40% wanted it kept open to anyone who wanted to port.

I do find it interesting that they would bring up this topic themselves which means they are considering it.

My opinion is not to change access to existing worlds, but limit Celestia to those who have earned it. Since this subject first came up, anyone who hadn't finished DS could easily have finished it several times over by now.

I don't post on their boards due to security reasons and I think not everyone has access which is why I am posting it here. Now that we know they are considering this, here is the poll again with additional option.

Please keep responses to your own opinion and no blasting or name calling of people you don't happen to agree with. This is strictly to give them feedback from the community here on a subject they are apparently looking at. Thanks.



I see some members have mention this before, and strongly in my humble opinion, I favor Battle lock over World Lock. The reason for that is I have ported to my friends when I was a lower level and/or when I am on one of my lower level wizards before. My friend never mind my company, even if I am 20 levels below his wizard.

I don't see why there should be a world lock just because some players didn't take the time to ask others if they could join a battle. It was just the same with trading treasure cards. Players eventually abused the cards system so KI has to remove it. Now, the same thing is happening to freely porting to other worlds.

You have to see it in a lower level point of view. Everyone is eager to see new worlds. I know I was. If I pay for subscription, why can't I port to a new world? I find that extremely absurd and just wrong. Why is there a World Lock because of "bad" behaviors [aka not asking before entering] from others?

Doing a World Lock wouldn't solve much of anything except making others unhappy. What there should be is a battle block because then people can't join without asking first. Kind of like a bubble barrier. Like a member stated earlier, and I have witnessed this before hand, but sometimes, people don't listen to you even if you have told them numerous of times. The game is not wrong. It's the players. We can't correct everyone actions, but we can minimize the results. Starting off with a Battle Lock.

Friday, September 17, 2010

That sword is a beast!

Hello readers, Thank you for viewing my blog right now. Here, you are seeing a drawing that I drew. Note: I did mess up a few places and I admit that the wings look realyl weird :P Tell me what you think and hope you enjoy it [: I will probably color it this weekend :D

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Selena Gomez and Test Realm?!!

I wake up this morning,
my head feeling wizzy,
it's time for school ,
but I am still sleepy,
I made a decision.


I didn't eat breakfast,
but I did get some snacks,
rushed off to get dress,
I feel like I need a smack,
I made a decision.


As I sit on the bus,
I ate some string cheese,
All the while thinking,
I should go to sleep early,
I made a decision.



Now you ask, what does this poem have anything to do with Selena Gomez and Test Realm? Well, I thought it would be nice to make up a poem about my lack of sleep these days. Schools have been stressing me out a lot and with the load of homework I have, I am finding it hard to keep up with Wizard101. My sub is going to end this 16th and in a way, I am actually very happy.


I will not be playing the game a lot more, but I will be on central checking on the new updates and such. Now, if you have been hiding under a rock, Selena Gomez is the new Teen Icon. I am perfectly fine with it, but still thinking all of this is really strange... Maybe I will go more in-depth with a blog entry over the weekend so be on the lookout for that. And finally, something new is actually happening. The test realm is out, yay!


How is this a good thing? Well, it's a step in getting to know more about Celestia. Speaking of which, Olivia provided us with a short video featuring Selena talking about Wizard101. You can find that here. However, what I wanted to point out is this:







[Thank you to Jacob LightHeart for providing the pictures]


And in case you don't know what the first and second images are, I am assuming they are the new astral spells. And look, we are going to get that awesome shark mount!


Last but not least, check out this awesome contest, Wizard101 Motivational Poster, by Fiona WildBlood. I am a fan of motivational posters because most of them actually amuse me.


And the Ravens Run event is this Saturday, please don't forget!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

The nice people of this game [:

I will start this blog entry off with a little short story of a match today.

I was dueling on my life wizard with my balance friend, Brandon. This isn't the usual 2v2 dueling combo that I would do but I tried it out anyway. When the match started, I found myself facing a life and myth. Note: Life and myth is a scary combination.

We got lucky and went first. The battle went on for I think about 45 minutes. It was very fun and challenging. I didn't think we would won but I guess it's nice having 35% resist and weaknesses lol ^^ Afterward, the people just wish us good luck in the game and hope to see us around, which was very nice of them.


The reason I'm talking about this because lately, people would not even bother to say "gg" and just yell stuff out like:
You win because you go first!
How cheap, you use life dispel and you're not even life
We could have won, wish I didn't lost connection
People, I would like to remind you that this is a game. When you're in a duel, half of your chances of winning depends on your luck and how much your deck love you. I know very well that if those myth and life go first, we would have been dead. But guess what, it's not fair all the time. Just accept a loss because this has happened to us all before. Just because you get disconnected, that doesn't mean we havent. It's all normal, no need to get so upset and call others noobs...

Anyway, staying back on my happy mood, I am on a winning streak so far. Only lost two duels because my connection went wacky. Congrats to Destiny FrostBlossom on getting your robe and boots! And I am working on my fire so that she can duel. Just finish yarbirds quest so I am going to learn infection soon.

Speaking of which, I traded my ice sword over to her. Plus, with the help of my good friend Michael, his sister Bailey, and a central member, I got my briskbreeze ring right on first try. Here's Ashley WillowWhisper!



Last but not least, two fun pictures:


Originally a ninja pig gathering but then a treant gathering instead >.<


Woot, go gobblers :D

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Finally! My robe!

Okay, there are going to be a lot of pictures but bare with me guys XD

First off, I finally got my pvp robe. I am very happy.



Special thanks to the following people: Blaze MoonMender, Ellie MythMender, Miguel LifeBreaker/Miguel DeathBreaker, Michael HawkWalker, BrandonLegendBright, Evan GriffinHead/Evan, Nathaniel EarthWeaver, Alexander RubyFlame, Jack DeathStrider, Chris EmeradFinder, and Destiny FrostBlossom.

Whether you duel with me only one time or more than I can count, you contributed to the number of tickets I need for this robe. I'm sorry if I missed anybody. And also thanks to Blaze FireBlood, even if we don't duel together, you have been there to cheer my teammates and I on. Thank you!

Now, I forgot to mention this but a few days ago, I crafted the carousel. Look at it now! The second picture was taken when I was inside the carousel.





Speaking of crafting, Ashley WillowWhisper [fire] has finally reached adept crafter. I might work to Master Artisan whenever I get subscription again. Also, Ashley RoseTamer [myth] is only a few reagents away from becoming a Master Artisan. Just need a lot of blood moss XD



Last but not least, two bonus pictures! :D



Blaze's pet...



Gobbler on mushroom ^^

Also, Reed Petal [aka Atrocity on Central] wants me to mention him so there :P

Friday, August 27, 2010



I rarely do this but it's a very interesting wallpaper this time :D
As you can see, there's an adorable starfish and a gobbler on the side.

From the Friendly Necromancer:


Professor Greyrose says one is a pet and one you face in battle, but they're both so tiny and cute that I don't know which is the pet!! I guess my money would be on the starfish being the pet. /wink


I would say the starfish is the one that we have to battle. Obviously, the gobbler is already a pet but it will be an official pet for that world. That's what I think anyway :P

I mean it is possible for that cute starfish to be a mob creature right? Cute things eventually become evil, or unexpected at any moment lol...

Anyway, I'm seeing a sea turle and a seahorse on the far right side [:
What do you guys think?

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Old Arena style of PvP

Question: Old Arena style of PvP
Some of us older players love the old ways of the arena where you just ran into arena and that was your match up. Can we please, yes I am begging *blushes* have this option back? How about an option for it or not?

Answer:
Old style arena was a popular feature and we’re considering different ways to reintroduce this type of PvP to the game. Stay tuned for more details.


I remember seeing a member talk about this in a thread long time ago. Although it was rather suggested that this old arena [aka open arena] be implemented in home as an interactive feature.

While I'm not exactly a PvP addict, I do find myself in the arena sometimes, and even trying to enjoy dueling as much as I can. I mean, after all, I did help my sister reach warlord and earn full gear and got my life to warlord and redeemed both hat and boots. I ought to know something about the arena.

You may not find me 24/7 in the arena but I do like dueling. In fact, my early memories of Wizard101 is mostly from the arena. I remember going into that place daily, watching higher level wizards showing off their awesome spells like helephant and tritons [my two favorites at the time] and going ooh and ahhh. I still like the arena to this day, just a little bit less what's with the language and all the chaining in there...

Anyway, I have to admit that in a way, I love the old arena better than the current ones right now. In fact, I was just in the open arena about 10 minutes ago, at the time I'm writing this.

Back to the case, I think ranked arena affect lots of players about dueling, especially because of the gear. I have seen wizards "cheat" their ways into getting these gears. Cursing off when they get only 4 tickets instead of 14. It's horrible... However, the gear is somewhat a part of encouraging players to duel. Although I could also say that because of this, many players choose to stay away from ranked arena.

So KI, if you ever happen to read this blog entry, keep in mind that I fully support this idea :D I like being able to view the players duel at a closer view, rather than behind fences and robe, and huge gapings [apply to krok and dragonspyre arena]. As much as I would like to see old arena as an option back in the game ASAP, take your time! I want to see Celestia too [:

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wizard101 Tour

Before I explain my idea of Wizard101 Tour, let's get a better start of how I come up with this idea in the first place. Some of you have probably heard of GenCon, a gaming convention in Indianapolis, Indiana. According to some members, you will get to chat with some people of the KI team. I wish I could have been there so I can chat with those people also. I mean, how cool is it that you get to meet people who desgin a game that you like to play so much?

Anyway, if any of you know Webkinz, they are having a "Webkinz Tour." According to the site, the Webkinz Road team will travel to more than 10 different states (which they are already doing right now). "There will be exciting activities, games, prizes and a feature code card for an exclusive Webkinz van for your account."

When I read this, I thought, why don't Wizard101 have a similar thing? I live far away from Indiana so I didn't get to go to the convention, which was a real shame as if I could, I would go right away. I think this "Wizard101 Tour" might be a very nice thing for KI to do. We will get the chance to meet them, and ask questions in person. In return, they might even be able to expand and reach more players.

What do you guys think?


I just bought a userpage on Central, check it out! CLICK HERE!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

So many things to do, so little time

My subscription is ending on August 10. That means 7 days from today. Here's a list of what I need to do before subscription ends:

Crafting: I need so many black pearls. Both on Ashley (part of her quest - I want her to be a Master Artisan too) and Stephanie (I want to craft mannequin, bamboo fountain, and most importantly=carousel: they all need black pearls...)

Questing: Seeing that I couldn't really possibly level up my ice to grand with all the stuff I need to do, I am just focusing on fire - Ashley WillowWhisper: she's level 47 right now [getting ready with Crystal Grove-yay, spiders.]

PvP: Now that both Ellie and Ashley have full gear, that leaves me. I currently have around 400 tickets, yay, let's try to get about 600 more. And if I can, an addition 200 more tickets for Warlord Trophy :D

House: I am still in the process of decorating my house. I have spent over 100,000 gold redecorating my house already... What I really need are more books for my Library... That means more ravens-JOY to the world. Let's just hope the house is ready for the Twin Party :D

To wrap up for the day, check out the pictures I attached. Weird glitch >.<



Thursday, July 1, 2010

Two Warlords :D

It's definitely starting to get more and more good everyday. Ellie finally made Warlord, and I'm just a bit close to be Overlord (1000+). I tried taking a picture earlier but our friend, Blaze MoonMender, had to get off unexpectedly so I will update this blog entry later with picture :D

Our team is Life (me), Ellie (storm), and Blaze (death). Apparently, some people really had problems with beguile. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it. They have their advantage of whoever they are dueling with. For example, if you have a myth - they can earthquake and stun, if you have a balance - they can buff up. Therefore, we have a death and beguile is one of the many things death can use, why is it that people consider us noobs then? One team even complained about infection!

Anyway, I am so so so so close on completing the final crafting quest. I probably spent around 30 minutes, stalking the bazaar for red madrakes. I was able to buy enough (more than 100) and spent somewhere around 3000+ gold. It was not that bad really, about three raven battles. [I would stop farming them if they would just drop the pet for me...]

I'm extremely happy at the moment because I'm finally done transmuting and got all 20 blood moss. Life is good. Now, I only need 6 more black pearls. Blaze and I will be turning the quest in together, probably by tomorrow? Can't wait! >.<

Last but not least, I was able to get on Test Realm today and hang around for fun. I decided to use the free crowns and stitch my clothes to ice gears... I am personally still looking for the "perfect" shoes but until then, I'm not going to reveal what I look like. Btw, KI lowered the pet price! :D I hatched satyr with orthrus but ended up with a myth tree walking thing... Oh well, maybe I will try again for a jade hound :D

THE EPIC TRIO



Here's my friend Nick and I, flying on our awesome wings:




Night night everyone!


Sidenote: Jenna (aka Moonthorn) has finally reached Grandmaster! Please take the time to congratulate her on this awesome achievement!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What's up with this game?

I just feel like typing something for the day. As many of you probably now, there are people having trouble logging in. If you don't, well, you are probably a subscriber. However, there are people out there who just fail to connect. /shrug

Anyway, here's what Andrew WildFlame have to say that pretty much sum it up all that I want to say:


First off, let me get this straight, and please correct me if I am wrong:
1) KI has now set a ceiling limit to the number of free-to-play players on their servers (which I am ok with).
2) KI allows all monthly subscriber players immediate server access (which I am ok with).
3) If you are an access pass player and have purchased crowns in the past month, you are lumped in with the monthly subscriber group, and allowed immediate server access.
4) If you are an access pass player and have not purchased crowns in the past month, you are lumped in with the free-to-play players, and have to wait in the queue/keep attempting to log on to gain access to the game.
If any of the above is wrong, please address, as I am basing this knowledge on what I am seeing here on Central.

If the above is correct, are there any other access pass players that have spent hundreds of dollars on this game that are just a bit incensed at being cast down with the free-to-play players? I know I am. If KI doesn't care about access pass players, then why in the world did they create that payment option at all in the first place? KI is talking out of both sides of their mouth when they offer a sale on bulk purchasing of crowns, but then if you go that route, you will be penalized the month after that purchase because you have not bought anything more recently.

I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous. I understand that over the long haul an access pass player will not spend as much as a monthly subscriber. But how hard would it be for KI to create 3 levels instead of just 2? I have mentioned before that KI should easily be able to identify accounts that have purchased over a certain threshold of crowns (say $60 or $100 - whatever). Why not create a mid-level for access for all accounts that are not monthly subscriptions, but have eclipsed a certain spending level?

KI, I am getting quite tired of you continually kicking sand in the face of us access pass players. I have spent hundreds of dollars on my 2 accounts, and here you are, making me pony up more (on a monthly basis no less), just to get "premium" access.
You won't allow us to get open chat (even via a crowns purchase).
You won't allow us to trade wizards between linked family accounts (even via a crowns purchase).
And now you won't allow us premium server access, and consider us free-to-play players, even though some of us have spent hundreds of dollars on this game?!?

Wow, just wow...


Yes, what I bold and put in red is the most important. As a crowns player who have spent over ($50+), I do not feel like waiting for the game to connect after a very tiring day. Come on KI, we pay too!

Anyway, I'm subscribing soon so I will be on streak of dueling, farming, and crafting all in probably 2 months. Think I can do it? Just follow my blog! :D

Happy farming everyone!

Monday, May 31, 2010

It's finally over! - Wizard101 Central

School is now officially over for me, it is hard to describe the joy in my heart right now lol. Grades haven't posted yet but I know I did a great job on my biology final so that makes me really happy. The strange thing is, yesterday, as I went to sleep, I was thinking of whether I have any homework. School must be really stressful for me to think that right?

Anyway, today is a very special day. It's my sister's birthday, Ellie. What I can tell you is that even though she is annoying and mean sometimes, I can practically talk to her about anything. That's how great of a sister she is. To make this day special, we are throwing a party at her house on Wizard101. For more information, please click here.

Now, before I move on, I have a little treat for you guys! Look at this picture!





Talk about feeding flaming soup, they sure work well!


If anyone read my last blog entry, you will remember I mentioned something about a big surprise this weekend. Unfortunately, with school over and all those family stuff, I never get to finish it. Hopefully, by next week, I will be able to complete it and present it to you guys, just wait!


Last but not least is one of the most important things of my announcement. The pet update is here! I do believe this update came to live a bit too fast. There are still many bugs around. For example, what's up with the satyr dancing when we cast the spell? Or why when I play cannon game; it said I missed when I even made a bull eye?!! It is somewhat frustrating but also fun at the same time. Leveling your pet can take forever but I think that's the point. This update is supposed to keep us busy until they release Celestia. I'm just happy they made an update at all.


So anyway, if you have been elsewhere, then I guess you might be missing one of the coolest wizard101 give-away ever! For anyone who know Santa Allan, and for those who don't, he is hosting a wonderful contest! It is unusual because... Well, you have to find it out yourself! Click here!


For those of you who are already out of school, I wish you guys a wonderful summer, enjoy it and remember to be safe! As for those who still have school, pay attention and finish this school year to the fullest!


HAVE A GREAT SUMMER EVERYONE!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Skater Girl - Wizard101 Central

I was extremely bored in my class and with so much time in hand, I decided to draw. I was thinking of freedom because I pretty much find skateboarding fun, even though I have never actually skate. I name her Alexa.



I will possibly add more details and might even color it. What do you think?

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's time to par-tay!

Hello there wizards and witches!

Let me just start this out by saying there are so many things going on right now! First off, lets talk about the main subject of my blog today, parties.

May 15th at 7:00 PM CST
Event: Wizard 101 Central Masked Ball
Host(s): Nightmaress, AgentNightmare
Type: Formal Party
More Information

May 16th time TBA
Event: Deception The Wizard 101 Central Movie Release Party
Host(s): Dragon Girl
Type: Movie Release Party
More Information

May 21 at 7:00 PM CST
Event: The Chaotic Party and Contest
Host(s): ChaoticLee
Type: Party and Contest
More Information

May 22 at 6:00 PM CST
Event: Rogue's party
Host(s):Rogue21
Type: Party
More Information (see post 3 in thread)

May 23 at 7:00 PM CST
Event: Wizard 101 Prom
Host(s):Shippo1, halikdu
Type: Party
More Information

That's a lot of parties within two weeks don't you think so? The chances that I will be at these parties are high. For the masked ball, I am friend with Destiny. For the prom, I am the decorator so gotta be there for people who think the house looks awesome Special thanks to Event Calendar thread, made by Nesogara.

Now, in case you have been elsewhere, the winners of Wizard101 Central's 100th PvP Tournament are:



1st Place


Trilon

2nd Place


$cottiedubs


3rd Place


Dapangrulez


Honorable mention to Nick S.

Congrats to all three!

I hope everyone have a great weekend and see you all at the parties!
P.S. 2 more weeks of school! Eep!


UPDATE: Do you guys think I should buy a user-page or pet on central here?

Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm a site grandmaster!

Finally after being a member here on Wizard101central for over a year, I am a site grandmaster. I actually feel very proud of myself for this accomplishment. For one thing, I could have never reach this rank without the number of threads that our wonderful members on here created so I can post. The gems under my name sure look pretty lol (:

Let's not forget that today is Mother's day. If you haven't give your mom a kiss on the cheek, or give her a beary hug, or even make her something then it is time to get off the computer and do it. Mothers have the most important job in this whole wide world. For one thing, without them, we can never be born. They cook and care for us. They sing and help us sleep. They cry when we cry but never fail to comfort us. We love you mom!



"Today might be your special day mom, but you are always special to me."

Monday, May 3, 2010

Away from Keyboard

I recently made a thread call Away From Keyboard and you guess it, it is basically about spinning around when you're AFK. Just think it would be nice to share it on my blog as well (:

Quote:
All of us here, at one point when playing Wizard101, had been away from keyboard at least once, right? Well, you must not be a busy person if you have never been away from keyboard.

AFK - Away From Keyboard

How do you know if someone is AFK? Here are some universal signs for knowing if someone is AFK when you arrive at the scene moments later or was not there when the person say "AFK".

1. Seeing someone spinning around

If you're asking a person that is spinning around, and the person have not yet to answer you, it is most likely the person is afk.

2. Seeing someone spinning in the corner/Just standing, facing the corner

This is pretty common because I have seen plenty of people doing this. Easy to do and easy to remember. This is a little different from the first one because people can be just goofing around and decide to ignore you that's all.

3. Seeing someone spinning around while the spellbook is above his/her head

This is also pretty self-explain because this is without a doubt a definite sign people are afk. However, it is possible for people to be spinning around but not afk because they are probably looking at their stuff and do not want to be bother.

How do you spin around?
1. Hold down the left or right arrow key
2. Hold down the shift key at the same time (also work with Alt or Ctrl)
3. Let go of the arrow key
4. Let go of the shift key

Thanks to LNO for the parking thread on how to spin around (:

I was actually surprised at the number of people who view and comment on it.



Anyway, if you still haven't enter the Great Gobbler Giveaway contest, then I suggest you should. They don't look that bad, right? lol


And this is from the newsletter:



Hello young Wizards! My name is Milo Barker, and I'll be located in the Pet Pavilion just off the Ravenwood Commons very soon! The big news this month is the introduction of myself and my friends who bring you a new way to train your pets!

You can learn all about this feature now on the Test Realm, and you will see these features come to the whole Spiral later this month.


Well, enjoy your week everyone because I will be gone most of this weekend!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Party! Par-tay! Party!

Hey there everyone! Diary of a Wizard is having a birthday bash, please take your time and read the following information. Click HERE for more!

As April fades into May, we have much to be thankful for and lots to celebrate! Next month we will celebrate our 1st birthday!! Thanks to all of you wonderful wizards, we have grown so much! When I started this website last year to chronicle my time playing this really cool wizard game with my kids, I never could have imagined the wonderful outcome. I am so honored to be a part of the most amazing community. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME.

To mark this milestone, I would like to announce the very first Ravenwood Ball! There will be dancing and massive amounts of pure silliness! I invite ALL nominees and current Student Teachers to attend. This will give us a chance to thank the current student teachers as they move on to more challenging roles in the Spiral and to help welcome the new nominees!

Date: Saturday – May 29, 2010

Time: 6PM Central – until…


Location: Ravenwood School of Magical Arts (of course!)

Realm: Vampire Area 1

Please dress accordingly! Break out your best party gear *forget the stats!* and bring your favorite pet! Campaigning IS allowed and welcomed. Tell us why we should vote for you next term!

Do you like goodies? I will be giving away a few special party favors. The prizes are top secret right now but let me assure you they are squee-worthy!

CONTEST RULES:

1. All Entries must be submitted by leaving a comment in this blog post.

* Mandantory Entry *

You MUST be a member of ConnectX. Leave a comment in this blog post to let us know you are a member.


* Optional Entries *

1. (1 Entry) Follow @diaryofawizard on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/diaryofawizard Leave a comment here to let us know!

2. (1 Entry) Tweet about the contest & event! You must use the hashtag #diarykids. Leave a comment here with a link to the tweet.

3. (1 Entry) Follow us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/diaryofawizard Leave a comment here stating that you follow us on FB.

4. (2 Entries) Blog about this event and contest. Post your link in a comment here.

5. (Worth 5 Entries!!) Make a special banner or poster for the Ravenwood Ball! You can post this on your own blog or post the picture on ConnectX. Leave a comment with a link to the artwork here!!

6. (Worth 2 Entries) Post the ConnectX Members badge on your blog. You can get the badge here. Make sure you are logged in to ConnectX to grab the code. Once it’s posted, come back here and leave a comment with a link to where you posted the badge.

Remember: ALL entries must be submitted by comment in this blog post. Otherwise it will not count!

As May approaches, I will announce more details about the prizes and activities.

So who’s ready to dance???????

Friday, April 16, 2010

Look at this thing I made!

This is a banner/signature I made yesterday.
I really like it but I was wondering what everyone think about it? Should I make this my banner for the blog? or keep the current one?

This is also for anyone who haven't heard about the contest yet. Our member, angelbright, is holding a wonderful contest! All you have to do in order to enter is post on the thread. Click HERE!

A new feature was also introduced to the Wizard101 Central yesterday, it is call the iTrader! Just like its name, what you do with the iTrader is give feedbacks to the person you traded cards with. While I haven't officially trade anything in that forum yet, I indeed find this a very interesting feature. However, don't make this like a gold-earning thing. More information can be find here, but don't forget to read the proper trade posts before posting!

Last but not least, Mercenaries For Hire (M4H) is holding a fabulous event called the Tri-Harvest Festival! You will have a chance of farming three of the spiral most famous bosses: Yeva Spiderkeeper (Crystal Grove), Viktor SnowCrusher (Drake Hatchery), and Kraysys (Forum). This is a wonderful oppurtunity for all those wizards that still need their gears. The Event will start at 5am pacific on Saturday 4/24 and continue through the weekend and end at 9pm pacific on Sunday 4/25. I will probably be there, especially at Snowcrusher and Yeva so be on the look out!

That's all for today everyone!
Have a fantastic weekend and remember to be safe!

Monday, April 12, 2010

When it is a life vs. life tournament...

...always carry around some reshuffles. If you don't have feints, it also make a big difference in a one hour match or four hours long.

Earlier, I was dueling with Lindsey (angelbaby2181) and I must say it was one heck of a duel! It is my longest tournament duel ever! The reason was because we reshuffle several times, and neither of us are fully attacking. While Lindsey was focusing on attacking me, I kept attacking her minion lol. The duel went on like that for a long time. There was one point where Lindsey dealed a hit with about 2000 damage and almost got me defeated. However, with my luck going first, I quickly healed and my minion did the same.

All the while, my stomach was begging for food. What I learn from this duel is that carrying around some feints can really make a big difference. The match also gave me another reason why I should learn reshuffle. I realized that with reshuffle, the match would have been much longer... But, if I have reshuffle, it also mean that I wouldn't have to keep passing and wait till a spell hit me...

Even though it was long and made my body all stiff and sore, I really enjoy it! What a great way to spend a Sunday evening, right? Anyway, I would like to thank my friend Daniel (InuYasha) and Valdus (Wicked Fire Wizard) for being at the arena to cheer me on, even though I lost anyway XD Other members who also stopped by to watch are Alex (Alex Deathflame), Destiny (Nighmares), Autumn (Autumn Ice), Michael (Sandley7) and a few others who I don't quite remember names, sorry


That's all for tonight everyone!
For more information on the Head of the Class - Life, click HERE.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's a Celestia Wallpaper!

This shouldn't be something new because after all, it is all over the forum and on the front page of course. I just decided to give some insights of what I think of the picture. Now, let’s take a look at it.



Here is what Friendly has to say about the picture


The idea here is that from now until the release of Celestia they will fill
in a character or two in the image every once in a while, slowly driving us
all insane with the joy and speculation only a true Wizard101 fan can feel.


Doesn't that sound exciting?!! We will eventually know who or what are in that picture. As for now, let’s have fun guessing! From left to right...

Judging from the look, that one looks like the giant lobster we saw in the spring competition picture with the piggle and mander. A small figure is standing beside/next to him and he also looks like a lobster, just much much smaller than him. Moving on is a crab-like creature because you are obviously seeing two eyes bulging out. The guy right in the middle looks like an explorer, think he is good looking? O.o There is also a girl next to him, could she be his daughter? or just a companion? Here we shall a small creature-like and I really had no clues what he is. It looks like he has ears too! Then the crab and of course another weird looking lobster again. What is he holding?

In the background, we see lots of machinery stuff. I see a submarine, and the pulley, and that red looking thing at the back. This may be a very advance world we are looking that, regardless the fact that they are underwater. Another thing that is very interesting is that the Celestians do make accessories, according to this thread. So much mystery in one picture!

That's about it for today. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you have time to kill, here is something for you to read (:

Have a nice day everyone!

P.S. I just take a look at my buddy list to see who is online. Wow! 20 people! Break the record of most friends ever online here on central lol

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Celestia is coming people!

UPCOMING WIZARD101 EXPANSIONS INCLUDE SEVENTH WORLD AND NEW PET CAPABILITIES

New world, advanced pet system and level cap increase included in two Wizard101 content updates



PLANO, TEXAS (March 24, 2010) – KingsIsle Entertainment, creators of the award-winning massively multiplayer online game (MMO) Wizard101 is proud to announce details on two of the major content updates for 2010. An extensive Advanced Pet system is launching this spring and the world of Celestia is launching late summer. In addition to all new quests the Celestia expansion will also include an increased level cap and new secondary schools of magic.

Coming this spring, players will have the opportunity to hatch customized pets from millions of potential combinations. The Advanced Pet system will bring a new dimension of interaction within Wizard101 as players can race their pets in the expansive Pet Derby, participate in new pet-themed minigames, feed and train them, and use them as allies in magic duels. Players will be able to level their pets from an egg to ancient beings with incredible powers.

The new world of Celestia is inspired by Atlantis, and young Wizards will encounter new adventures and quests deep under the sea. Celestia also increases the level cap in Wizard101 from level 50 up to level 60, as well as introducing three new secondary schools of magic. Celestia will officially open in late summer. Starting in June players can undertake new quests to discover the secrets of this new world and begin to unlock the story behind Celestia.



“2010 is shaping up to be an incredible year for the students of Ravenwood School of Magic,” said J. Todd Coleman, Vice President and Creative Director for KingsIsle Entertainment. “Whether exploring the underwater kingdom of Celestia, or hatching and training pets to participate in the Pet Derby, every player–from the newest apprentice to the returning grandmaster–will find something compelling, engaging and fun.”

In Wizard101, kids and families enter the magical world of Wizard City as student Wizards setting out to hone their Wizard skills, cast spells and summon powerful creatures to fight evil forces. The characters and worlds of Wizard101 are influenced by literature, history and pop culture, giving the game a depth and quality appreciated by families and players of all ages.

Wizard101 can be downloaded at www.Wizard101.com and offers free game play for as long as players choose. Players seeking access to premium areas and items may purchase pre-paid cards in participating stores or purchase a subscription or Crowns online. New worlds, activities, pets and Wizard clothing are periodically added to the game, creating an ever-changing world with new things to see and do.
About KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc.

KingsIsle Entertainment is a developer and publisher that specializes in creating high-quality massively multiplayer online games which provide entertainment for the entire family. Wizard101, KingsIsle’s flagship property, has received the Parent Tested Parent Approved Media Seal of Approval in 2009 and has been recognized by the National Parenting Publications Awards. Wizard101 was named the #1 Best Family/All Age Game by Beckett Massive Gamer Magazine, and the #1 Best Family Game by MMORPG.com for 2009. The company’s experienced and creative team is raising the bar in online entertainment by offering products with rich storylines, friendly navigation, top-quality art and fully-voiced characters. KingsIsle is headquartered in Plano, Texas, and has a development studio in Austin, Texas. For more information, please visit www.kingsisle.com.

A thread on this topic can be found here.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy St. Patrick Day!

Since it is St. Patrick Day, I decided to visit Nightshade. I was just about to give up when two wizards, out of nowhere, needed help so I joined in the fight. Talk about luck, after that battle, I got Scepter of the shield. Afterward, my sister Christina joined me with labyrinth, and guess what?!!! I got the life deck! This is an important day in history! It means time to party! It means dancing banana!


Here is a picture of the both of us after fighting Gallium:



Here is the both of us in St. Patrick Color(s)!



Since it is St. Patrick day, Christina and I donated free cards in the Shopping District. It was fun!
Enjoy your holiday everyone!

Read more: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/blog.php?b=1390#ixzz0im6nER2A

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's finally spring break!

I just love spring break! One and a half week of no school, no homework, and no teachers to 'boss' you around. Basically I will get to just sit around and have fun! Well, technically I still have some homework to do because apparently not every teacher think the same thing... Anyway, I have a to do list for myself and it is quite long, at least in my opinion it is.

Revise Flowers for My Brother
Read the Darkest Power series (again)
Farm for life deck and life sword
Work on biology research experiment
Create a thread for characters needed
Work on the life house so I can open a party
Download more songs...

That's a lot of things to do in just 11 days don't you think?

My next subject will be on an artwork I worked earlier in the afternoon. I drew this for a group I'm in and I very much like it. Or at least I like it on paper rather than after I scan it onto the computer...
What do you think of my drawing? Any critique or rating is fine [:

Have a wonderful week!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Pets for The Win!

Greeting wizards across the spiral! It is a beautiful day where I live right now. I intend to play some hoops with my sisters afterward and I bet most people will be doing something too so I shall not keep you for long.

Let's start off with something fun and interesting! I was reading a thread earlier on some news and decided to do some research of my own. I am definitely please with what I have found.


I must say this picture definitely tell a lot about what is coming up. First off, there is a crab. Secondly, the ribbon on the ribbon says Celestia - meaning Celestia is definitely the new world. He also draws the most attention out of the four, if you include the ninja pig, even more attention than the piggle! However, that is another story. Anyway, it seems most people are thinking whether it will still be a star-like world or undersea. Personally, I prefer a more star-like world. I just like stuff on the clouds (:


Anyway, here is the rest of the news:

When asked what’s in store for pet-owners, Merle Ambrose, headmaster of
Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, replied: “This spring, pets will be able to do
more than you have ever dared hope! These fine creatures will serve alongside
you in wonderful new ways, taking you to unseen parts of familiar worlds, and in
time to come, worlds beyond those you know! If you think you have seen all that
the Spiral has to offer, young Wizard, you will soon discover an all new breed
of entertainment!”

When asked to elaborate, Ambrose replied cryptically,
“The answer you seek may be in the stars... or it just might be there alongside
you.”


Note that the title of the news is Ravenwood School of Magical Arts Welcomes Spring Competition. Perhaps there will be a spring competition?

The next subject I will be talking about is the Darkest Powers Series. I'm not sure if anyone has heard of this series but all I can say is I love it so far! The first two books (The summoning & The Awakening) are amazing in my opinion! It is basically a series about four teenagers who is trying to get away from a group of evil scientists. The main character herself can summon the dead, talk to them, and she can even create an army of them if she learn how to. Making it all the more interesting are her companions which I rather not spoil for the fun of the book. This series has been on my mind all week and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes adventure, mystery, and a bit of romance (: I just can't wait for the third book! (The Reckoning)


I'm not sure if I have mention this before but I think my life house is looking gooooood. I am planning on a party this spring break if I manage to finish decorating so I am really excited. All I need is a little bit more time and hopefully my creativity will return. I would post a picture but I think this blog is getting a bit long. Do you think you will come to my party?!!


Thank you for listening wizards! Hopefully, whatever KI is planning on releasing will come soon, maybe during spring break. Speaking of which, my spring break is starting on March 11 and I will resume school on March 22. What a wonderful break that will be.


Have a wonderful weekend wizards!
Remember to be safe and think of the people around you!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

They are here! - Wizard101 Central

With the new update, KI had added some totally rocking new items! Now now, before you get any more excited, these items, as far as I concern, are crowns only. I do hope however, that KI could just give us one day where we can buy the wings with gold. Yes, I did said wings. Check these out!



Stylish don't you say?



Now you can go around and flaps your wings all crazy! Of course, many thinks that there should be black wings instead. However, lets all enjoy the bat wings and pretend to be vampire. Before you know it, they might even add a vampire mask with fangs. I bet every wizards will look HOT on Halloween with these!

Wait for it, there are still more!

The Ascendant Staff



I find this staff very efficient for low level players because it gives an extra pip. As Friendly says, this is a great change for low level players. Big! Huge! This will probably save you a ton of time instead of waiting for another pip to cast a spell now.

Phosphorescent Maul



Hammer, they are now in fashion!

Cerulean Edge!



Not only is it awesome looking, this baby can do 110 death damage, making it the best sword so far in the game!

There are also some very cool looking outfits but I don't think they are any cool compare to these cool mounts, staff, sword, and wand.

Again, these items are only available to purchase from the Crowns Shop for Crowns, but they can also be found on high level bosses of the Spiral (the bosses drop the individual items, not the entire sets).


Currently, there are rumors of Jade oni dropping them, so be sure to keep an eye out wizards! As said above, these can be drops!

I definitely like the addition of the wings mounts! I say great job KI! Now if only you can give us new worlds...

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Quotes can be so meaningful!

Greeting wizards across the spiral! Today blog is a very special one because I will talk about quotes. You all have probably seen lots of different quotes using in lots of different occasions and sometimes those quotes can really touch your hearts. That is how I feel when I read some really good ones.


Here are my favorites:


The only way to have a friend is to be one.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

*You can probably guess by now that I like his quotes a lot (:*

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.
~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
~Brian Littrell

Here is a short little story, but very meaningful.

During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz. I breezed through the questions until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?" Surely this was a joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade. "Absolutely," the professor said. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello." I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy.
~Joann C. Jones

And now, some special quotes in the spirit of Valentine's day (:

*I do not know who they are from as I got them from a random website*

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile, and finds in your presence that life is worth while, so when you are lonely, remember it's true: somebody, somewhere is thinking of you

Fine guys open my eyes, smart guys open my mind but only a sweet guy can open my heart.

Never start frowning because you never know who's falling in love with your smile

One day your prince will come, mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is to stubborn to ask for directions.

An angel is what I was meant to be thats why being sweet come so naturally!

Do u believe in love at first site? or should I walk by again?

To spice it up a little bit, I have asked several members on here to share their favorite quotes and explain why they choose it (:



Originally Posted by Andromeda

Hmmm well I'd have to say this verse from the song The Impossible by Joe Nichols

Unsinkable ships, sink
Unbreakable walls, break
Sometimes the things you think would never happen
Happen just like that
Unbendable steel, bends
If the fury of the wind is unstoppable
I've learned to never underestimate
The impossible

I like it because sometimes I intepret it as nodody should give up on thier dreams. Never think that anything is impossible. There are some amazing people that overcome all odds. look at the special olympics for example. Those people never let anything come in there way of becoming an athlete and I admire them for that. Flying to the moon was once considered impossible and look at us now. We built the Lunar Module and flew to the moon. Nothing is ever impossible if you have the will to work for it .


Originally Posted by Fiona Wildblood

"Hey now, don't be mean, because remember... no matter where you go, there you are."

I like it because it reminds us all that we shouldn't be mean because we'll always have to live with that no matter what we do.


Originally Posted by Natalie Rose

"A friend is someone who reaches for your hand... but touches your heart." -Anonymous

i chose this quote because i believe it tells a lot about friendship. if you and your friend are truly friends, they stay with you forever in your heart. time will go on and people get older, but the friendship and memories last a lifetime.(:
I got a very intersting one from Jenna, not a quote, but rather a word


Originally Posted by JennaStormRulez17

"believe" why? it tells you to believe in yourself, others, it says that if you believe we CAN make a difference in the world, and so on. I'd have to go with believe.
I hope some of these quotes have warm up your heart and at least inspire you to do something. Have a wonderful weekend wizards!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

What's a pangram?

So I was looking through some Highlights magazines lying around my house, and I came upon a very interesting one. It was all the way back from January 2007. How do I know? It said so at the very top. Anyway, as I flipped through pages, looking for something interesting to read, I saw a picture of a zebra kissing a hippo on the cheek. I stopped and take a look at the picture. Turn out, it had something to do with the puzzle below.

First off, a pangram is a sentence that contains all the letters of the alphabet. Which of the sentence below is a pangram?

1. By January, our exhausted principal knew he had to quit visiting the zoo each Friday evening.

2. A very excited zebra jumped and kissed a hippo before quickly galloping away.

Did you figure it out? I find this pangram puzzle a very good exercise for our eyes lol (see if you can create your own pangram)

Moving on, I shall now talk about my life house. Yep, I bought it when it was on sale lol, 75,000 gold. So far, I very much enjoy decorating the house. Although, there are some parts in the house where I can't put wall or floors at all. That sort of upset me but I guess you have to accept that when you are living inside a tree. I am thinking of hosting a party somewhere during spring break or during summer when I have the finish touch. Stay tune for more info!

Speaking of life house, here is one that I think will definitely blow your mind!

A picture of me and my sister Christina in Valentine's spirit!


Here are just some random stuff lol

Cool event: The Wild Party Inc is hosting an awesome event and I am positive that I will be there! It is basically a party where you can meet wizard101central staff and other members. How fun is that?!!! HERE!

Wizard101: The place that I had been inside the most during these past few days are the Labyrinth. Not that I'm in love with the labyrinth or anything but because I was helping friends. Although do you think Gallium Paladinwill give me the life deck if I bring him some chocolates and a rose? You know what, I think that will do!

Snow: It had been snowing all weekend. If luck is with me, I might have no school tomorrow because I haven't finish the book for one of my classes yet. I think I should get started on that soon.

Profile page: I was quite surprise when I scrolled down to the bottom of my profile and found I had more than 2000+ views! Now I wonder why people would be visiting me lol

Thanks for reading my random moments lol. I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend and ready to get back to school/work!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

How does a 3v4 duel work?

It pretty much started out with me logging in and was standing inside the old arena. I don't quite remember how exactly I ended up there but oh well. What happened next was my friend Taylor* ported to me, then Nicholas, and Michael, and eventually, Edward. I love when my friends ported randomly lol.

Suddenly, I found myself dueling. I'm not exactly sure how it ended up 3v4 but no matter, the match was really fun. Taylor (myth), me (life), and another dude name James (death) ended up on the same team, aka the spirit team :D The other team include of Nicholas (life), Michael (fire), Edward (ice), and Leesha (life). They had two advantages as of right now:

1) There are two life wizards
2) There are four of them and three of us

Luckily we went first but that still put us in a very risky situation. Taylor repeately die and of course, I healed him. James did pretty well with his scarecrow, plus the first half of the duel was pretty down with gloom and doom. Anyway, we were able to pull it off for a while until Michael did dragons and meteor. That got me killed. I also didn't even notice the traps around me lol. I was too busy doing my French homework.

Eventually the other team win. Ironically however, Taylor was the last to stand in my team. In general, I very much like that duel despite the fact that it was 3v4. I haven't had a fun duel in weeks and I really really enjoy dueling with my friends like that (: Hopefully another fun duel like that will happen again, as PvP is kinda in a downfall right now with all the ranking, and spamming, and stunning, and bolting.

On a side note, Santa visited my teams several times during the duel. I'm not exactly sure if he is happy right now because apparently, Taylor broke his beard. O.o He is probably not gonna get any presents soon

Now to finish off, I would like to congratulates Wizard101 central on having 70,000+ members. That just shows wizard101 central is a growing community and is definitely a great site for every wizard101 fans! I predict by the time summer end, we will have 1 million members, now that will be amazing!

Happy dueling wizards! Bye

*I would rather not reveal their last names for their own privacy.

EDIT: This is just another little note. My sister is very eager to see who would win so if you don't mind reading *coughthisreallyboringblogcough* click here.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Wizard101 and The World Outside

First off, and this is probably the most important one, I would like to thanks everyone for buying a Meowmodon. You guys have definitely show that wizard101 is a strong community by raising $126,000! The money will be distributed eqyally between two organizations – Austin Children’s Shelter and Child’s Play. Once again, thank you to all!

Secondly, test realm is now open! Apparently KI is asking the players to test the limits. They want to see how many players can be in one area at a time, and the best way to do that, according to KI, is to join everyone for a party at the Stormdrain tower! So head over there and have yourself some fun!


See if you can spot some central members in there

Personally, in my opinion, it was fun yet boring in a way. I met several central members. We have a mount party, did some clapping, and I was even a skeletal pirate for one hour! We also get 100,000 fake crowns to spend on anything. I didn't spend much except buying a redwing dragon and stitching some clothes. I turned out very nice in the guardian clothing lol (:

Nextly, I would like to ask everyone to take a moment for Haiti. According to the article, the Red Cross estimates 45,000 to 50,000 people were killed in Tuesday's cataclysmic earthquake. Haitian authorities said on Friday, that they believe 140,000 people were killed. That is a huge amount of loss, and I hope only for the best. May God be with them.

My teacher had also told me a way to help the Haitians. We all are under the same sky. It is just not right for us to just sit here, do nothing while thousands of people are dying of starvation and lack of water. Ask your parents, teachers, and local supporters around you to find ways for you to help the Haitians. Every little help counts (:

There is not really that much more to say except I have a four days weekend! That's right! Four days at home! Of course I do have homework and such but I will have my time on Wizard101. Watch out for me both in test and real realm

The contest on my latest blog is still going on, so remember to check it out!

Thanks everyone and have a wonderful weekend!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Winter break is over...

That's right, my winter break is finally over. Apparently I didn't go to school on Monday because it is teacher appreciation day or something but that is another story, lets not get carry away. Have you been enjoying your winter break? Yes? No? Well, there is always the bright side. (: What is it? Well, now we can look forward to spring break. YAY!

Anyway, I was just checking around wizard101 central, to see if there is any new posts, look what I found!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Friendly Necromancer
This is a youtube I put up back in January and failed to post it here on Central.



The video rocks! I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I do (:

Next up, I will be telling you a short story of Avalanche today. No, not the snow avalanche you see on mountains, THE Avalanche in Drake Hatchery. That guy really is stubborn and still won't hand over that sword of his! So I met up with my sister's character, Christina Rosetamer. With the help of her feint, curse, death trap, amulet death trap, my life blade, spiritual blades(2x), spiritual traps, spiritual blades, and dragonblade (from pet dragon) I was able to hit Avalanche that much! Woot! I might make a bigger hit, just you wait Avalanche....



I was also visiting the briskbreeze tower today, again. It was quite fun actually. The wizards I battle with were Madeline (firecookie99), Thomas (rotomthe3rd), and his friend Elie. While we were waiting for Elie to arrive, we saw this giant creature appear! It was quite a scene lol. I can't wait till it is my ice wizard turn to meet him (:






Ooh, did I mention I got the life ring?!!! Yes I did, jumping of joy! I am quite a lucky girl afterall

Last but not least, I finally reach master on wizard101central! Look at the pretty gems that are now under my name lol (fuzzy306) I would also like to congratulate Lady Cat on reaching grandmaster! She is a wonderful member and that is quite an achievement. Only 1000 more posts to go for me XD

Don't forget yesterday is Isacc Newton's birthday! Let's party people! lol In case you don't pay attention in science class, he is the guy who came up with the theory about gravity (: Gotta give him some credits for figuring that out with apples lol


Hope everyone do well in school!