Welcome to my blog where I share what is on my mind at the moment! Hope you enjoy reading!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Quotes can be so meaningful!

Greeting wizards across the spiral! Today blog is a very special one because I will talk about quotes. You all have probably seen lots of different quotes using in lots of different occasions and sometimes those quotes can really touch your hearts. That is how I feel when I read some really good ones.


Here are my favorites:


The only way to have a friend is to be one.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

*You can probably guess by now that I like his quotes a lot (:*

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.
~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
~Brian Littrell

Here is a short little story, but very meaningful.

During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz. I breezed through the questions until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?" Surely this was a joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade. "Absolutely," the professor said. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello." I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy.
~Joann C. Jones

And now, some special quotes in the spirit of Valentine's day (:

*I do not know who they are from as I got them from a random website*

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile, and finds in your presence that life is worth while, so when you are lonely, remember it's true: somebody, somewhere is thinking of you

Fine guys open my eyes, smart guys open my mind but only a sweet guy can open my heart.

Never start frowning because you never know who's falling in love with your smile

One day your prince will come, mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is to stubborn to ask for directions.

An angel is what I was meant to be thats why being sweet come so naturally!

Do u believe in love at first site? or should I walk by again?

To spice it up a little bit, I have asked several members on here to share their favorite quotes and explain why they choose it (:



Originally Posted by Andromeda

Hmmm well I'd have to say this verse from the song The Impossible by Joe Nichols

Unsinkable ships, sink
Unbreakable walls, break
Sometimes the things you think would never happen
Happen just like that
Unbendable steel, bends
If the fury of the wind is unstoppable
I've learned to never underestimate
The impossible

I like it because sometimes I intepret it as nodody should give up on thier dreams. Never think that anything is impossible. There are some amazing people that overcome all odds. look at the special olympics for example. Those people never let anything come in there way of becoming an athlete and I admire them for that. Flying to the moon was once considered impossible and look at us now. We built the Lunar Module and flew to the moon. Nothing is ever impossible if you have the will to work for it .


Originally Posted by Fiona Wildblood

"Hey now, don't be mean, because remember... no matter where you go, there you are."

I like it because it reminds us all that we shouldn't be mean because we'll always have to live with that no matter what we do.


Originally Posted by Natalie Rose

"A friend is someone who reaches for your hand... but touches your heart." -Anonymous

i chose this quote because i believe it tells a lot about friendship. if you and your friend are truly friends, they stay with you forever in your heart. time will go on and people get older, but the friendship and memories last a lifetime.(:
I got a very intersting one from Jenna, not a quote, but rather a word


Originally Posted by JennaStormRulez17

"believe" why? it tells you to believe in yourself, others, it says that if you believe we CAN make a difference in the world, and so on. I'd have to go with believe.
I hope some of these quotes have warm up your heart and at least inspire you to do something. Have a wonderful weekend wizards!

No comments:

Post a Comment